That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 3


his rib against the arm. “I think it’s…” he began in a hoarse whisper, then stopped.

“Where is it!”

He could feel her leaning forward and his old Commando training took over. His arm was a striking snake, grabbing her neck in a chokehold and snapping her head to his lap. She fell to her knees then tried to scratch at his eyes with her long fingernails. “They are already gone,” he spoke quietly into her ear. “Move again and I will snap your neck.”

She got very still. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me. I have nothing to lose. Now why are you in my house?”

"The... painting." She managed to get the words out past his hand around her throat.
He loosened his grip slightly so she could speak but kept his other hand firmly wrapped in her hair. "I have no paintings woman. I've been blind for over twenty years. Why would I collect art?" Isaac could feel her shrug against his knee.

"Investment."

"I don't need..." he started, then decided it would be foolish to tell her anything about his finances. "I have no paintings. Whoever told you I did has gotten you in a

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).