That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Rider, Page 12


anyway. He’d always been kind of a maverick, not ready to take up the family traditions, but after everything that had been happening he was beginning to feel a real need to see them again. “Look, I don’t know how we came to be sharing a body but…”

“It’s my body. You died, didn’t you?”

“I suppose so.” Nate really didn’t want to dwell on the whole being eaten by beetles experience, but it seemed pretty likely since they were inside him gnawing on his vital organs when he lost consciousness.

“Well then, you were careless and now you’re a Rider. Get used to it.” It was said with finality as if that explained everything.

“But…?”

“We don’t have time for this now! All of them are going to wake up in a few minutes. I don’t want to become a Rider. And you should know that, the second time around, your chances are less than half as good of landing a Host. Find a…”

Nate saw the needle beam rake the wall out of the corner of his eye. Instinctively, he dove and rolled grabbing the first weapon that came to hand. Without thinking, he fired back at the source. In a second the heavy gun grew warm in his hand and the entire mid-section


The Core (Widescreen Edition)


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).