That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Matchmaker, Page 9


Mandy shrugged. “I just know. The longer I’m here the more things come to me.”
Frustrated and unsure of what to do, he snapped, “Why are you still here? Aren’t ghosts supposed to move on? Sixty years seems like a long time to still be hanging around.”

Instantly he was sorry he’d spoken so harshly. Her eyes filled with tears that ran down her cheeks and soaked into her ragged nightgown as they dripped. She looked so real and so very sad and forlorn. More gently he asked, “Wouldn’t you be happier if you didn’t have to be reminded of a life you can’t have?”

She nodded then whispered, “I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“To leave here I have to forgive my Father.” Her tearful blue eyes locked with Ryan’s in an appeal for understanding. “I can’t. Not yet.”

* * *

Ryan pushed through the glass doors of the bank, blinking back the bright sunlight as he moved onto the crowded sidewalk. He felt like whistling and he felt like crying all at the same time. His uncle Albert hadn’t been merely wealthy… he was obscenely rich. 500 million dollars


Battlestar Galactica - Season 4.0


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).