That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Rider, Page 10


A disgusted noise came from his mouth. “Why do I have to get stuck with a moron for a Rider?” The delicate hands wiped themselves off on a not-entirely-disgusting rag dangling from the edge of the garbage bin, removed a nondescript canvas bag from the plastic sack and abruptly Nate was moving deeper into the alley, away from the open courtyard.

This just kept getting weirder. Nate now had absolutely no control over where he was going. He felt his new body running full-out and, after only a minute or two, started passing clumps of armed people lying motionless on the ground. “Are they dead?”

“If they were dead I wouldn’t need to run, would I?” Having no ready answer for that, Nate kept silent. Soon they reached an area where the bodies thinned out. He skidded to a stop in the headlong flight, still under control of the unknown other. One of the slender hands reached down and pulled a small gun from the hand of a woman in a pale green uniform with insignia unknown to him.

“Can you use this?” The voice that came out of his new mouth but sounded nothing like him asked.

A quick glance told Nate it was a compact energy weapon of newer design than he would have expected to find in these primitive surroundings, but seemed fairly standard


The Fifth Element (Ultimate Edition) DVD


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).