That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 1


Seer
by Don
(Previously published in Romancing The Ozarks anthology.)

Isaac heard a noise at the door and went to let the cleaning lady in. One wheel of his chair made a ‘click’, ‘click’ as it rolled over the marble of the entryway. Must have picked up something on the wheel, he decided. He could have her look at it while she was here. Abruptly the chair stopped moving, throwing him forward, and he heard the footrest strike something. But nothing should be there. He was very careful about clutter. No one else had been here since Dora was in last week to clean.

He reached out with caution to see what the chair collided with. The door. It was open. He hadn’t opened it… and Dora didn’t have a key. Then he touched the doorknob and it was as if a lightning flash went off in his mind illuminating, for a fraction of a second, a striking female figure with unnaturally red hair wearing a clingy black jumpsuit and, he was quite sure, nothing under it but her. What a stupid time for daydreams. There was an intruder in the house…

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).