That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Rider, Page 6


Father’s stasis capsule in one hour.”

A shorter pause, then, “We will be ready.”

Nate fought to repress a triumphant grin. It only took him forty five minutes to wake a startled junior engineer, load an empty stasis capsule with sand-filled bags approximating the mass of his father, and get it back to the ship. The befuddled look on the engineer’s face alone was priceless. He was really going to enjoy this.

When the ship was clear of the atmosphere of Silverstone, Nate dropped his next bomb. “Anon One, initiate random destination. Allow one week travel parameter at maximum speed.”

There was another pause then, “Random, sir? Maximum speed? Is that wise?”

“Must you question every order?” Nate was beginning to long for the company of Chives. At least he did what he was told, even if he obviously didn’t approve.

“Your father will survive if we emerge in the core of a star but you and I will not. Please confirm the command.”

“Er… Use all necessary safety protocols, of course.”

“Of course, sir.”


The X-Files: I Want to Believe (Single-Disc Edition)


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).