That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Matchmaker, Page 6


wall, hitting his head. He sank to his knees, holding his head. By the time he could get up, Mandy was floating out of Linda settling to her feet on the floor. She looked solid as a real person now. “What did you do to her?” he demanded. He flipped on the bright overhead light, yanked off the covers and examined Linda anxiously. The skimpy nightgown she insisted on wearing concealed very little. She looked a little pale but she was breathing regularly and seemed to be sleeping normally. When he turned back to Mandy he was facing an elegant matron in her middle sixties. “Who…”

“We weren’t getting anywhere as we were. I have enough energy to hold this form for a short time. I assure you I did her no permanent injury. I merely borrowed some of her energy so that we could continue our conversation. If you will listen I will finish quickly and it won’t be necessary to do it again.”

“Borrowed energy? As in, you are going to give it back?”

She had the good grace to look embarrassed. “Well no. It is a fact of death that one can no longer sustain oneself by eating, so other means must be resorted to.

“So you are a vampire ghost then, sucking the life out of others so that you may live?”


Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Collector's Set (40 discs)


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).