That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Rider, Page 2


harness and, it felt like, bruising his eyeballs as they tried to pop out of his skull. Smart aleck A.I. He certainly hadn’t told it to do that. It could use some lessons in manners from his butler Chives. Nate raised his arm and almost spoke the words to summon the old family robot… then thought better of it. Chives would certainly try to talk him out of his adventure while he was at it. Not worth it.

Nate swung himself out of the flyer… and cracked his chin on the door as his legs collapsed under him. Whooo. That was fun, but probably not something he’d want to do again for a while.

Still a bit unsteady on his feet, he stumbled down the line of ships. He looked at his sleek and flashy personal ship and then, only a little regretful, decided to take one of the others. His would just be too conspicuous… not to mention having a built in A.I. ‘nanny’ that was worse than Chives. After all, they were all technically his. Or his Father’s anyway.

He didn’t want anything too clunky but… His eye was caught by a ship that was practically the soul of average. Not too old or too new. Not too big or too small. It could pass as a freighter, a passenger ship, or even a corporate cruiser. You couldn’t really tell from the


Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).