That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Matchmaker, Page 3


Linda one last vigorous shake, not taking his eyes off the little girl. Her feet had now disappeared entirely into the woodwork.

“Jus’ play with it yourself. ‘M sleepy.” Linda rolled away from him onto her back.

“She won’t see me anyway.”

He thought the little girl sounded impatient. What she’d just said didn’t make sense. He didn’t want it to make sense. Then she walked over to him and put her arm through his chest. That was hard to ignore; it felt like cold fog and made it harder to breathe.

“Are you getting it now?”

He didn’t want to say it. “You’re a… ghost.”

“Good!” She smiled at him brightly, removing her arm from his lung. “That was easy, wasn’t it?”

“Uh huh.” He wished it was Monday. He could make a 9AM appointment with Linda’s shrink. He’d been pretty scattered lately with all the wedding preparations but this…

“Now we need to have a talk about Linda.”

“Look, uh… what’s your name?”

“Mandy.”

“Mandy, I’d love to chat with you,” not really but it didn’t look like he had a choice, “but right now I have to use the bathroom.” He waited.



The Matrix Collection: 4 Film Favorites


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).