That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Matchmaker, Page 10


were now at his disposal—not even counting all the property he owned in New York.

But the one thing he thought he had, that had made him so happy, was now gone forever. He couldn’t just take Mandy’s word about Linda, even though she’d been right about Uncle Al and the money. So the same day the money was transferred to his bank he told Linda that he was giving it all to charity. She’d stalked out in a huff and he probably still had the imprint of her hand on his face. But at least he knew how shallow, or nonexistent, her feelings for him had really been. He grinned. She would be so pissed when she found he lied. But even if everything Linda had said to him had been a big lie, it still left a huge void in his life. He was right back where he started, without anyone.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” The woman who bumped into him was practically breathless from hurrying. She was cute if not the beauty Linda was. She took deep breaths to catch up, catching his eye even more, and seemed torn between continuing on and stopping to apologize. “I’m just really in a hurry.” Then she took another look at him, seeming to like what she saw. “Do I know you?”

“I don’t think so, but…” Ryan almost stumbled into a lamppost. The ghost girl Mandy stood about ten feet away.


Star Wars Prequel Trilogy DVD


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).