That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Rider, Page 4


“I’ve already given you my authorization.” Was this A.I. a moron?

“Alpha One authorization required.”

Ohhh. A glimmer of light was beginning to dawn now. He’d been looking for the most average, least noticeable ship in the fleet and, apparently, his Father had at least occasional use for such a vessel himself. The sly old fox. Maybe he wasn’t quite the boring stuffed shirt Nate had always assumed.

Adrenaline raced through his veins. This was going to be a better adventure than he’d thought. Doing something you knew you weren’t supposed to was always more fun. But how to convince the ship to let him take it out? If it wouldn’t give him information on what the ship had been used for without authorization from his Father, then it surely wasn’t going to let him fly it out of the spaceport without his permission.

While the ship A.I. waited patiently for him to present authorization, Nate’s mind raced furiously considering, and discarding, possibility after possibility. He was no diplomat, because he’d never had the patience to master the art of tact, but he was usually quite good at persuading others to do what he wanted if he really put his mind to it. Hopefully an A.I. would be even easier to


The Time Machine DVD


0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).