That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 8


He stomped the accelerator to the floor and the car took off with a wild shriek as both the electric motors and hydrogen engine kicked in together. Right now he didn’t care if there was a shred of rubber left on his new tires by the time he reached home.

Even in the midst of his worry, he felt the exhilaration of reckless abandonment to the engines roar as he swerved to pass a car blocking his way and narrowly missed a garbage truck parked at the curb. He hadn’t driven like this since he was a foolish teenager. The look of disappointment his father had given him then was far worse than his punishment. Unlike most of those around him, he’d never been much of a believer in all the many religions, but if there was an afterlife, he’d bet his father would understand this time.

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).