That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 7


for the door, making a quick jump to the side to avoid the Arab who tried to step into his path.

“Wait, sir. I have a question…”

Ignoring him, Rajiid straight-armed the door, startling a couple who were about to come in. He pushed between them, promising himself he’d apologize later. He wasn’t in the same shape he’d been in back in college when he left his friends in the dust, but he could still sprint, and he was running flat-out toward his car after ten feet.

He didn’t so much hear the explosion as feel it. A massive hand of wind at his back pressed him forward, almost moving him past the car before he could slow down. He didn’t hear the click as he pressed the button in his pocket, flicking up the lock tabs inside the car, but he saw the brick fly by his ear. And another nearly hit a pedestrian by the road. For some reason the guy seemed to be pointing at him and waving his arms in excitement.

Rajiid coughed at the dust in the air as a big wad of powdery fluff settled on his shoes. Pausing for a split second, he turned to look. Only a three-foot high pile of rubble remained. Then it hit him and something squeezed his chest hard, making his heart skip a beat. “Anna…”

Hastily he wiped away the tears. He didn’t have time for ‘might-have-beens’ right now. He had to get home fast.

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).