That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 17


“Daddy, what are you going to call this place? It needs a name that will stick in people’s heads since it’s practically in the middle of nowhere.” She looked out the window at the empty road in front pointedly. “Shouldn’t you have asked your brother about locations and such before you bought this?”

He had already heard from his brother on the subject. His email hadn’t spared the adjectives in describing either his choice or his judgment in picking the location. But, until he discovered how much of his unasked-for talents Missy had inherited, it was the perfect place to keep her out of trouble and keep others from coming to accidental harm from her. Not knowing how to get started on an explanation of that, he decided to answer the first question. “I was going to put up a big sign with ‘Motel’ on it.”

She looked like she’d just spit out a bug. “Motel?! You can’t just call it ‘Motel’. That would be like naming a restaurant ‘Eat’!” She reached down to pet the cat that dropped in and made itself at home the day they arrived.

He hadn’t really given it much thought. “How about Motel 6 then?” Rajiid gave her a little grin and patted the cat's paw with his finger.

“No good. Someone already has that name. You’d get sued.”

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).