That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 14


rubbed her bruised bottom. “I just got a bit of a bump when they dropped me, that’s all.”

He let out a sigh of relief. “Looks like we got lucky this time.”

She looked at him bewildered. “What’s it all about? What did they want?”

He struggled to put it into words. “Some people are afraid. Of others who are different.”
“Different?”

“There are some things I have not told you about myself.” Thoughtfully, “About both of us, I think.”

She gave him an exasperated look. “Spit it out then. You sound like a bad detective in a soap…”
Sirens screamed in their ears and three fire trucks pulled up, parked in the road, and quickly connected hoses to the hydrant out front and started dragging them across the yard toward the house. “What…?”

Then he noticed smoke coming out of an upstairs window. “Something’s on fire.”

He thought he heard one of the firemen mutter, “He’s quick.”

Missy just gave him a shrug. “I was asleep.”

A thought struck Rajiid. “You weren’t… smoking?”

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).