That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 23


to give the repair service another call first thing in the morning. The driver slowed, then stopped in his tracks. “Sir, I really don’t have time right now. I’m already late.”

“Surely you would want to see what you will be getting for your money. I had not intended to charge quite so much…”

Missy gave Rajiid a sharp look and interrupted. “But for exclusive use, it certainly isn’t too much. We may have to turn other customers away.”

He glanced toward his truck, still running by the road, then nodded. “You may be right. It is very important that my people have exclusive use for the time they are here.” He pulled a huge wad of bills from his pocket making Missy’s eyes widen. Hastily he peeled off fourteen one hundred dollar bills and stuffed them into Rajiid’s shirt pocket. “That’s $1400 for the first week. They’ll probably be hungry and thirsty too so you might stock some sandwiches and beer before they come.” Turning away, he started to move rapidly back toward the truck.

Even if he didn’t have boots and a cowboy hat, this American was crazy. “I must at least give you a receipt. Come with me to the office. It will just take a minute. I don’t even know your name.”

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).