That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 21


“Sarah told me her dad uses this road a lot when his truck is overloaded.”

Rajiid’s interest was caught. “So you are making friends already. Good! You must tell me about this Sarah.”

“I was meaning to ask you if she could spend the night sometime…”

Rajiid had just opened his mouth to answer when the driver succeeded in getting the big rig stopped and, leaving it parked along the road, hopped out and started walking rapidly toward them. “Perhaps we have a customer. Are the rooms all ready to be occupied?”

“They’re all cleaned with fresh sheets and everything, but number six still has that hole in the back wall. Unless the workmen have fixed it already.”

Rajiid got a pained expression. “I knew I was forgetting something. Thank you, Little Miss. You have really pitched in to help get ready for the opening.”

“A maid is still a good idea…”

Rajiid was expecting a cowboy hat and boots from what he’d heard about truckers, but this fellow was really quite nondescript. He wouldn’t have gotten a second glance from the people who’d frequented his pharmacy. Instantly, Rajiid regretted thinking about the pharmacy as images of Anna swept through his mind.

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).