That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Motel 666, Page 22


“Hi. Are you the new owner of the motel?”

Rajiid squeezed his eyes shut tightly for just a second. “Yes, yes. Are you needing a room for the night?”

The trucker looked surprised. “Me? No, not at the moment. But we will be having more drivers by shortly and some of them will.” He coughed at the dust still swirling in the air from the passage of his truck. “Sorry, allergies. I stopped to ask if you would be interested in an exclusive agreement for one week each month.” He seemed to still be having trouble breathing and had pause for a few quick breaths. “I can offer you $100 per day per room.” Rajiid was so startled he didn’t react at all for a minute. The driver added, “Payable in advance.”

Rajiid beamed at the driver. It looked like this might not be such a money-losing prospect after all. He had a fairly comfortable economic cushion after all his years of owning the pharmacy but this would be all to the good. “I see no problem with that at all. Come, let me show you around.” He gestured toward the nearest motel unit and motioned the trucker to follow.

Missy stepped in front of him shaking her head. “Not number six. Remember?”

He winked at her and smoothly redirected the driver toward the next cabin in line. He would have to remember

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).