That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 9


conversation! A bug had fallen off and stuck to his chair wheel. He had to guess that those who had hired Sylvia were on their way over because Dora was out to transfer the painting-- and whatever its illicit contents were-- to a different buyer.

This just kept getting worse. But at least he and Sylvia hadn't walked into a trap with them. They certainly knew about his 'helpless blind man' ploy. Isaac didn't know for sure how far away they were but he had a sense of short minutes. Unless he could do some fast thinking none of them would survive the encounter.

He put his hand over the bug as well as he could and spoke softly, "Forget the painting. Sylvia's employers will be here in less than five minutes and we'll all be dead shortly thereafter if we don't cooperate. There is a bug under my right hand on the wheel of my chair they are listening to right now." He put a finger to his lips, raised the hand covering the bug and pointed.

"Don't be trying to pull something funny. How could you possibly know that?" Dora snorted.

Isaac clapped his hand over the bug at her first syllable. He just hoped it wasn't sensitive enough to pick up her voice through it.

"He does! He has visions, or something."

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).