That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Alexandrian Visions, Page 2


vellum copy of some ribald verses that needs to be finished by the end of the week. Can you do it and not make a mess of it?"

"Of course sir, but..."

"But what, boy? Out with it."

"It's just that I was hoping to get to help with the texts from Samaria."

"You can translate Sumerian?"

Calixte heard the disbelief in Diokles voice and added a small lie quickly. "My uncle taught me. I'm quite good really." Her uncle could barely speak Greek, but Calixte had a knack for languages and was certain she could pick it up quickly from the scraps of knowledge she already had. She'd heard some of the Sumerian documents were about magic and she itched to read them.

"Really? I suppose that would be a better use of your time then, though I can't imagine a young boy who'd rather translate dry foreign philosophy when they could be copying raunchy verse." He shrugged then squinted at Calixte. "Any more hidden surprises I should know?”

Caliste's breast flattener band itched under her tunic and it was all she could do not to scratch. It was uncomfortable, but not too high a price to pay to have access to the Library. She smiled at Diokles brightly. "No sir. No surprises." She was nineteen now but with the band she could easily pass as a slightly built fourteen year old boy. She noticed Leonidas tall

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).