That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Cold Comfort, Page 6


Cesily shrugged. “Either several barrels of it got accidentally spilled when a caravan went through or…”

“What?”

“Someone put it there deliberately to slow down travelers.”

“Hmm.” Darin didn’t care much for that idea. They’d have been completely helpless if an attack had come while they were occupied there. He couldn’t help casting a few extra glances over his shoulder. There was nothing to see or hear, but his half-trained psi sense told him there was something coming. Something he didn’t want to meet.

“Cesily we need to hurry and get there. I can feel it.” Darin could plainly see the cliffside where his family home had been carved even though he knew they were still more than a kilometer away. Tiny dots out in front were some kids playing and adults soaking up the sun as best they could. He certainly knew from experience that you couldn’t spend all your time in a cave. If only he could just teleport them there. Some of the masters at the school could do it but he was nowhere near that level of proficiency.

Cesily pulled two pairs of skates from her pack and handed one set to him. “I was going to give those to my brother for his birthday.” She looked like she was going to start crying again.

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).