That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 8


A gun complicated things. He couldn't see where it was pointed nor could he really move fast enough to get out of the way. The scent of lilacs grew stronger as Dora approached. "Why did you do it Dora? What's in the painting?"

"Lot's of money. Don't care."

Isaac could feel a fan of air brush his face and assumed that Dora had grabbed the painting.

"Don't even think about it, sweety."

He could hear a hard edge to Dora's voice that had never manifested during her time as his cleaning lady. "Easy Sylvia. You are no use to your son dead."

"They'll kill him!"

Isaac knew the women were in a faceoff. He could feel the tension in the air. He had never felt more useless than he did right now. Anything he did was likely to get someone killed and unlikely to help the situation at all. He gripped the wheels of his chair fiercely, wanting to do something. Then his fingertip slid across something metallic stuck to the rubber wheel.
Another flash went off in his head and he was presented with a slice of frozen time. It was a still picture of the two men and Sylvia's son in a car. But over it he could hear voices. Echoes of Dora and Sylvia's

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).