That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 10


"I'll be gone before they get here anyway." Dora’s footsteps headed toward the door and then the screech of braking tires on asphalt outside obscured the sound. A thump signaled the painting being set down. "What do you think we should do?"

Isaac positioned them quickly then removed his hand from the bug saying, in his best querulous old man voice, "Ladies... Don't leave me alone with them... It will take me too long to get to the back door." He removed the bug from the wheel, stuck it to his chair arm, and started bumping his chair noisily into the doorway to the kitchen.

In back he heard a crash as the door was kicked in-- probably by the hired goon, he thought. A gun fired and there was silence from that direction. Footsteps on the carpet told him the strawberry-marked boss was entering through the still open front door. A loud meaty 'thwack!' and a thud on the carpet told him that one was down.

Isaac’s finger brushed the bug again triggering another frozen flash. This time he saw the aristocrat raise his gun to fire at Sylvia as she turned to see what was happening in the back. "Sylvia, look out!" He jerked his chair forward and chopped down with the edge of his hand. The gun made a soft thud on the carpeted floor then there was a satisfying crunch as Sylvia struck the man. Isaac

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).