That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 7


It was her turn to laugh. Her laughter quickly became hysterics mixed with hiccups and sobs. Isaac aimed a moderated slap at where he knew her face must be and she subsided into snuffles. "I would have killed you."

"I know."

"Why would you help me?"

"Because I know Mothers must try to protect their young. It's built in." And because there is something about you that reminds me of my Angela, he thought.

"But how?"

Isaac smiled with only a touch of humor. "No one notices a blind man. They won't check to see if I'm armed if I go in with you."

"No, but I will," a new voice came from the open door.

"Dora. Your timing is…"

"Impeccable?"

"I was going to say regrettable." He'd figured it had to be her that placed the painting. No one else had access to the house. You just couldn't trust anyone anymore. She was older than he was and he would have sworn that she was as boring as his old maid aunt.

"She's got a gun," Sylvia hissed.

He could hear Dora moving across the carpet toward him. He had no weapon but his muscles tensed in readiness.

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).