That'd Be Me

    That'd Be Me
    Explore some Science Fiction and Fantasy I've been writing and check out my book reviews.

    SF books and movies

Seer, Page 11


didn't think he would be moving again any time soon.

"Your son's out in their car Sylvia." He could hear her rush out as Dora's footsteps came through the kitchen doorway.

"The big goon is dead." Isaac thought she sounded quite satisfied with herself. "Nice move with the gun. You are quite the old coot, aren't you?"

Again he felt the fan of air as she picked up the painting. He waved goodbye. "Be careful Dora. You were a good housekeeper."

"Yeah. For too many years. But that's gonna change now." Dora’s footsteps went out the back just as he heard Sylvia came back in the front with her son.

"Thank you Isaac. I don't know how to thank you enough for helping me get my son back."
He felt her arms around his neck and a kiss on his cheek. This time he was almost blinded by the flash. They were all sitting at the kitchen table-- the boy obviously three or four years older and the two of them holding hands with sappy smiles on their faces. He smiled. "I think you'll find a way."

0 comments:

Which kind of SF do you like most?

I'm Kinda Forgetful...

Did I mention my Science Fiction Store?

About Me

My photo
I'm a crusty curmudgeon who loves Science Fiction, uninhibited women, a good argument, and trying to get my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants.

Copyright Notice

All original material on this site (i.e. stories, comments, reviews, etc.) are copyright 2009 (or date of post) by Don (full name on file).